Vacant Properties

Vacant Property Insurance

Vacant Properties

If you are selling a home and it is vacant, or you have a commercial property that is vacant for one reason or another, you need vacant property insurance to cover your liability risks.

Risks to Vacant Property

  • Trespassers
  • Theft or vandalism
  • Insect or rodent infestation
  • Frozen or broken pipes

Rodgers Insurance offers vacant home insurance as an addendum to an existing homeowners insurance policy for homes that are unoccupied for an extended period of time, including:

  • Houses vacant for a minimum of 3 months and up to 36 months
  • Unoccupied homes on the market
  • Homes in foreclosure
  • Vacant homes under renovation

The home’s geographic location, the home’s value, the amount of coverage you purchase, and the safety of the house are all factored in to determining your premium.

We also offers vacant commercial property insurance and builder’s risk insurance. Your normal commercial property insurance won’t cover a number of causes of loss if the building is vacant, including water-related damage, vandalism, theft, and glass breakage. A vacant property insurance policy will provide full coverage in the event of a loss and can be purchased for a short term as needed.

Builder’s Risk insurance is a form of insurance which covers a property while it is under construction or renovation. It can cover just the structure, or also the materials on site waiting to be installed.

Not all vacant properties are the same. Rodgers Insurance has the experience and expertise to insure your property properly.

If your property is vacant, contact us today at 410-282-1379 to discuss

vacant property insurance